In-Service inspection and testing of electrical equipment (PAT) – (2377)
Posted on 06.03.2017
3 Day or Evening Course
This PAT Testing course is suitable for any person who has a responsibility to safely test portable electrical in-service equipment as part of their role.
To achieve the level of competency required for inspection and certification of Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
At the end of the course delegates will have demonstrated theoretical knowledge and practical competency in the following modules:
- Understand your own/your employers’ responsibilities under the 1989 Electricity at Work Act
- Know the necessity to keep all systems and portable appliances in a safe condition at all times
- Understand the requirement for regular inspections Carryout formal visual checks
- Carry out formal inspection and testing Determine the class of equipment
- Carryout electrical checks
- Create records of electrical checks completed
- Use records resulting from the above
Although there are no pre requisite’s with the course it would be beneficial to have some previous electrical knowledge.
Exam and Assessment
Each attendee must pass an online exam and two electrical assessments to gain this qualification.
Booking the course
WHEN BOOKING YOUR COURSE YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE CONTACT WITH ALLIED TRAINING SOLUTIONS TO CONFIRM YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
Please call 01642 438532 for more information.